Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Update on my life

I'm finding it difficult to even consider writing blog entries.  I'm not sure what the deal is, but I've given up feeling guilty about it.  When I have something to say, I'll say it.  When I have a dumb picture to post, I'll post it.  Until then, this is a boring blog.  Sowry.

But wait!  I will write a blog entry.  Now.  Probably.  You're welcome.

I don't mean this entry.  There's another one coming.  But here's my basic updates.

I'm not pregnant.  Apparently it takes a while.  I'm not good at waiting, but children still scare me, so whatever.  My provider recommended Clomid, a fertility medication, and I think I'll try that in August if I am not pregnant by then.

My job is weird right now.  One of the audiologists quit, so I'll be working on Fridays by myself, just fixing hearing aids and selling batteries and stuff.  Apparently I'll be getting more training and taking on more responsibility.  It was mentioned I may be sent away for audiology technician training (I'm just an assistant now) so that I could possibly do screening hearing tests.  I think I'll ask for a raise if it comes to that, since that's a lot more responsibility than what I was hired to do.  We'll see.  It could be interesting.

I went to a super awesome retreat with 17 other women from my church a couple of weekends ago and it was great.  It was about holy leisure, the idea that you need to step back from life and rest and relax and mediate and recognize God in all parts of your life, even the mundane.  I'm trying to be more intentional about things.  We talked about this Benedictine idea of the "Rule of Life," which is sort of a guideline for how you do some daily things, including creativity, rest, work, worship, and hospitality.  I'm going to try to do a morning/evening/compline prayer out of the Book of Common Prayer once a day, as well as do 2 sun salutations a day.  I also want to find one poem each week to mediate on.  And I want us to have people over for dinner at least once a month.  So far I still need a lot of work, but I'm trying to be more intentional.

Bryan's back is still hurt.  I think I mentioned that on here before.  We found out a couple of weeks ago that he has herniated disc and one that may have ruptured.  It sucks.  It happened initially back in November, and he's still dealing with daily pain.  He's doing physical therapy and is constantly on Vicodin, so I hope that he eventually heals.  Apparently it could take over six months to feel better.  Surgery is the last resort, but they aren't even talking about that yet.  Unfortunately, he wasn't able to snowboard this winter and he won't be able to mountain bike this summer, so that puts a SERIOUS damper in his hobbies.  I feel bad for my baby.

I managed to hurt my neck on Wednesday, possibly doing yoga?  Ugh.  I went to see the Ortho doc and he thinks it's just a nasty sprain, so I'm on Tramadol and an anti-inflammatory, and I have to start physical therapy as well.  Late 20's is the new late 80's in the Lords family.  SUCKS.

There's a good possibility that my folks and brother and sister (in law... I hate saying that, it sounds so not-intimate) will be visiting in August, which I am ECSTATIC about.  We haven't all been together in a long time, so it would be awesome to be here in Jackson for family time.  We even have a storage space now, so the second room is slowly being converted into a guest room (we need to buy a hide-a-couch) and will eventually be a nursery as well.  It's a super tiny room, so we'll see how that all works out.

Bryan is doing well at his job and he enjoys it; his goal is to be promoted within a year or two, otherwise I think he'll move on.  He wants to be making "real money;"  realistically, be both have good jobs (especially compared to much of the seasonal work around here), but Jackson is pricey.  I'll be working approximately 3 days a week when we have a kid because there's no way I could stay at home (not that I'd really want to be a full-time stay at home mom).  He wants to see if we can buy our condo from the owner, but I'm still skittish about buying ANY piece of property in this sort of economic climate. 

Spring came early in Jackson, where it's normally still snowy at this time.  The last few days have been cold though, and we've had snow flurries and hail.  BUT, it was in the high 60's and 70's for the last few weeks, so we've had it REALLY good this spring.  I'm hoping the summer hangs around long into September and part of October, but we'll see.  Jackson is known for its very short warm seasons. 

So that's all I know. Oh, Bryan and I played in the handbell choir last Sunday.  THAT was weird and won't happen again.  Not a bad experience, just strange (I'm not a big joiner, and I have very little rhythm).  Also, we're addicted to Doctor Who now, so I'll just add that to my geeky resume.  That's about it.  Stay tuned for another actual blog post.  I know. I'm so good to you.


2 comments:

  1. Waaaiiittt... what's Bry's new job? It's been sooo long since an update...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not really "new" anymore; he's been working for Snake River Lodge and Spa since December, but I hadn't mentioned it a whole lot. I wrote you a letter when I sent you your mail. You should get it soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete