Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Blech

I've been sick for over a week now.  It super-sucks.  And before that I had a weird skin rash thing that hasn't totally gone away because I can't use my skin cream because it has a steroid that may make my cold worse.... and before that I had other nasty health crap to deal with.  Pretty much I've been some sort of sick for a solid month now.   My sleep habits have totally been affected by it, and all in all, it's SUPER LAME.

That said, I dressed like a cat today for work and ate lots of cookies.  So I'm sure that will help my immune system.

And this is pretty much all I want to do, all day every day:


Except with my Kindle... because that's how I roll.   Although, realistically, I still have serious issues not buying stuff at used book stores.


Any good fiction books anyone feels like recommending?  I still need to finish the Hunger Games series, and I've got a number of books that I plan on reading, but I like recommendations.  I really like series as well.  I like romance (but not lame-o chick lit romance), some classics, fantasy (but not TOO crazy, more like fantasy-light), dystopian/apocalyptic fiction and some historical fiction.  I'm not really into mysteries, anything involving cops, the mob, or lame vampire novels (some are okay, but let's be serious, most are lame). Anyone read anything they really loved lately? 

4 comments:

  1. Starting today I am doing a book review every Tuesday if you want to check it out for ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you heard of the Jessica Darling series? It's a five book series by Megan McCafferty. They're a little irreverent, but a lot funny. I need to go through and read it again.

    http://www.amazon.com/Sloppy-Firsts-Jessica-Darling-Novel/dp/0609807900/ref=pd_sim_b_4

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked Game of Thrones, but it's super heavy reading (lots of names and dates and places in his fictional world to remember, I'm still not sure how the author keeps it all straight) and some heavy adult material too. War-themed and whatnot. If that doesn't bother you, then I'd definitely recommend it. Especially since the HBO series is out now and it's a ton of fun to watch.

    I found this website called "10 Fantasy Novel Series That Would Make Awesome TV Shows" that looks like they have some great suggestions on there. If that sounds like something you'd like, here's the link to that: http://screenrant.com/fantasy-novels-tv-show-series-mcrid-120193/2/

    And I'm also writing a book. Hehehe. If you don't mind ignoring the fact that it's a first draft, I could always email you a copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picture of Dorian Grey was really good...I don't remember if you've read that or not. I'm reading the Woman in White right now and that's really good too! And Love Wins, I read that. I just want you know that I read more than Lit. ~_~

    ReplyDelete