Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Grrrrr, Meow

So I went to Chicago a couple of weeks back for my friend Monica's wedding (and to see family and friends, of course). When I was packing for the wedding, I realized that I didn't really have any appropriate dresses to wear to the wedding. I have several dresses that either 1. no longer fit or 2. no longer are appropriate. Since I've put on ::coughcough:: 15 pounds ::coughcough:: since I got married, I've gotten bigger in the hips, and I've gone up almost 2 cup sizes. Some things that used to... contain the girls quite nicely now look positively INDECENT. NO ONE NEEDS TO SEE WHAT I'VE GOT GOING ON. It's just not working for me.

So I went shopping with my fabulous SIL Amanda and my mom. It was really fun, and I was SO thankful to have those ladies there giving me advice! I had a good idea of what I wanted - something in the vein of a sheath dress. Classic, classy, and sophisticated. And I love Calvin Klein's tailoring.

I found this gorgeous navy blue sheath dress at Dressbarn, complete with pearls at the neckline... it was VERY Jackie O. with a bit of Audrey Hepburn. Which pretty much equals AMAZING in my book. What can I say, those ladies were darn classy.

Alas, it was NOT in my size. I needed one size up in order to... you know, sit and breathe at the same time.

So onward and upward. We went to Carson Pierre Scott, which usually has some good finds. I am not kidding when I tell you that I tried on at least 3 dozen dresses... maybe 4. And the dressing rooms were apparently not air conditioned. It was disgusting.

BUT, at the end I had two really cute dresses! And Amanda picked out BOTH dresses. I don't have any pictures of them on me at the moment, but I do plan on wearing the HECK out of them, so hopefully I will have some soon. And I think that either my dad or my friend Kathy has pictures of the wedding reception.

I can't find a picture of the dress I wore to the bachelorette party, but here is the dress I got for the wedding:

Overstock.com
It's animal print!!  I don't think I've EVER worn animal print before, but I friggin' loved it.  The cut was classy and sophisticated, and so it didn't get anywhere near slaggy, like some animal print does.  I LOVE this dress and felt awesome in it.  But now... now I want more animal print.

Not a lot.  Maybe a scarf.  And some flats.  It's so fun to incorporate just a LITTLE bit into an outfit.  So here are the flats I'm considering:

amazon.com
They would look SO cute with a black sweater and dark jeans.

And this scarf:

amazon.com
It's a little bit out of my comfort zone, but I sort of like it....

It's a little Grrrrr.  A little meow. 

Any other closeted animal print fans out there??

2 comments:

  1. I have a leopard print scarf and it is great for sprucing up a black shirt with jeans sorta outfit or a black dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhhh I am so jealous!!!!! I totally want one.

    ReplyDelete