Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Running Shoes

Okay.  I've been talking about getting a good pair of minimalist running shoes for a while.  Like, a year and a half.  I got these, thinking it was a good idea:

But it totally wasn't.  They're great for the gym, but I heel strike like crazy when running (I say running but mean jogging because I'm slooooooow.  At running.  Not in the head.  I think.).  So then I was thinking of getting a pair of Nike Frees:


But then I read that they keep making the heel bigger and bigger, in other words, less and less minimal.  Then I thought about getting myself a pair of Vibram Five Fingers:

source
And those didn't work because:

1. I have Morton's Toe (my second toe is longer than my big toe) and
2. I was told that some people who refuse to be seen with me if I wore them.  True story.  Oh and
3. They weren't really comfortable.

So I pressed on, looking for something cute, minimal, and well reviewed.  And I think I found it.

I've mentioned them before, but feast your eyes on Merrell's Pace Glove:

amazon

SO CUTE, right? They totally work for running, or just wearing around town.  And apparently they're amazing, because the reviews are great.  They're NOT AT ALL CHEAP, coming in around $100.  BUT, I just earned $80 all for meeeee.  At the hospital I work for, they had a "Spring into Fitness" challenge where you had to work out 4 times a week (which I already do, why aren't I totally skinny?  I have no idea) for 10 weeks and get $50!  Awesomesauce!  Then, the Nielsen Group picked me to keep a tv diary for a week, and sent me $30 for doing it!  So I figured new running shoes would be a good things to keep me exercising and stop watching so much tv.  Now the only question is color.  Should I get the cute green ones ("Aluminum") above, or these ones ("Dark Shadow")?

amazon
What do you think?  I like the flashiness of the green, but the grey/purple will go with almost anything. It's really hard to decide!  If you have an opinion, please leave it, I could use the advice.  Gracias amigos!!!

2 comments:

  1. I like them both...so I am no help to you :/ haha Green is my FAV color but the grey is just soooo cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asics are also one of the best shoes on the market - minimalist. But, they can be expensive. I am wearing a pair today that cost 160.00. I got them on Ebay for 60.00 though - new. Woot.

    ReplyDelete