Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Harry Potter - It All Ends

I can't friggin' stop thinking about Harry Potter.  The last movie comes out this week.  And I NEEDS TO SEE MY PRECIOUS!  I think Bryan is taking me to see it in Idaho this weekend, in 3D.  Also, I gots to get my hairs cut.

But seriously.  It was such an amazing book series, and an amazing movie series as well.  I am pretty darn sure that I'll be crying my eyes out at the end.  We just watched "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" again, and MAN do I feel bad for Draco Malfoy.  There's really no easy way out of having a family of dark wizards, and having to take the Dark Mark and join Voldemort or have your whole family killed.  Ya know?  Ya know when that sort of thing happens and you have no real choice?

Oh, no, I guess you don't... because it's make believe.  BUT STILL.

So I'm going to go read the Deathly Hallows again now.  Because just THINKING of the end of Harry Potter is making me super duper sad.

So here are some pictures to remind us of earlier times.

source
source
source
source
source
source
source

source
source
So it comes down to this.... Hallows or Horcruxes?

source
If you haven't read the books.... find out on July 15th!

7 comments:

  1. Dave STILL hasn't read the books yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, you're awesome! We can't wait to see it either! I'm definetely going to have to reread Deathly Hallows! Can you believe it's all over?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stac - our husbands are dumb. Bryan won't read Harry Potter until I read the Wheel of Time series... which is INFINITELY LONGER and has about 1,000 characters at last count. Seriously, he had to print off a list of characters with description. I'm sure they're really awesome books, but I just don't have the attention span/brain power for that many characters. Also, I've gotten so pathetic about wanting more Harry Potter that I've actually started reading FAN FICTION. This is SAD.

    Becca - no, I CANNOT believe it's over! It's so so very sad. I'm loving reading Deathly Hallows again. I friggin' love this series, JK Rowling is amazing; what an awesome gift she had given through her writing to so many. She is the bomb dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that they're having a midnight showing on Thursday at the Town Square Theater. We're going to have a guest in town so I'm not exactly sure if they'll want to go but I'm hoping so :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brandi - I TOTALLY asked Bry if we could go to the midnight showing, but he said there's no way he could do that and be awake enough for work the next day. I was just planning on being half-asleep during work, but I see his point. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our husbands very silly. Lol. The Wheel of Time books are way longer than the Harry Potter books, and not nearly as fun. There were times when it felt more like a chore than a reward to read them just because it felt like I would never finish the series!!

    Keep trying. We'll get them to appreciate good lit someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Wheel of Time books are really long but, there pretty good. I'm on the 8th book and there's 12. The Game of Thrones is good too, it's a tv show on Hbo now.

    ReplyDelete