Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Summer Clothes!

Okay.  It's still fricking cold here in Jackson.  Yesterday it rained/snowed all day, and it was GROSS.  Today is rainy as well.  I cannot WAIT for warm weather.  Apparently it's supposed to warm up later this week, and then get cold and rainy again next week.  Boo.

BUT, I've been thinking about sunshine, maxi dresses, and sandals.  We're going on a cruise in January, so I'm looking forward to being able to wear pretty dresses during the summer AND for a week this winter.  Woohoo!

I wear a lot of sun dresses during the summer, often with a tank top underneath.  This summer I'm excited about sun dresses, but I'm leaning toward maxi dresses.  They're pretty, easy to dress up or down, and you don't have to worry about your legs being all pasty white.  AND Bryan thinks they're feminine and pretty.  Here's a Polyvore look at what I'm thinking:


Lace dress, $41
Dress, $41
Reef beach sandal, $29
BP faux leather handbag, $32
Beaded jewelry, $13
Engraved jewelry, $12
Cluster necklace, $18
Beanie hat, $17
Dorothy Perkins brown shade, 8 GBP

The sandals are Reef's "Ugandals" made with beads from 31 Bits!  If you don't know 31 Bits... you should.  They're an awesome company run by a bunch of 20-something gals in California that work with women in Uganda - they make BEAUTIFUL jewelry, and create jobs for women in Uganda.  Not only are they helping women in Uganda, they're actively involved in these women's lives. 


I'm also sort of in love with this dress from Forever 21, but I'm afraid it would make me look pregnant, as there isn't much of a waistline.

source
I LOVE the colors, however.  So cute. 


Thanks to P90X, I'm actually starting to see definition in my arms and back, which will make me feel MUCH more confident in these dresses. 


Any other maxi dress fans out there??  Do you obsess about clothes and stalk them online, deciding if you REALLY need them?

1 comment:

  1. I dont think that last dress would make you look pregnant! I think it would make you look way cute. Empire waste can actually be very flattering. : )

    ReplyDelete