Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Desk Project

So today I planned on getting quite a few things done.  The things I was planning on doing, I did not do.  But that's okay.  Because I worked on our computer desk which had gotten pretty scratched up in our last few moves.  I tried to just paint the top of it black, but the paint wouldn't really stick and it didn't look all that great.  So I came up with another idea!  Voila!



I Mod-Podged pages from "Songs for the Open Road: Poems of Travel and Adventure" that I bought about a year ago when I needed to spend just another $1.50 to get free shipping on Amazon.  Then I painted a very basic compass rose, and voila, it's done!  I thought it turned out nicely.  I thought about cutting out magazines or something, but I wanted to keep it looking pretty clean and stream-lined, since it's a desk and would most likely have random stuff on it to begin with; I also thought that the poetry was a nice touch to our furniture since we both love traveling.  Not bad for a day off project.  And it didn't cost us anything to change either.  Annnd it's much better than the peeling desk that it was this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment