Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

C25K WEEK FIVE, S.E. CUPP, AWFUL MOVIES.

So today was my first run in the fifth week of Couch to 5k.  It wasn't bad either!  A little bit rough halfway through, but that's just because my knee was going a bit wonky.  I was all geared up to listen to my fabo new podcast, but my phone died.  LAME FACE.  So instead I watched a rerun of "Pretty Little Liars" (yes I watch that show, yes I know I'm an adult and not in high school, no, I do not care). 

Normally the fifth week starts off with 4 five minute runs with periods of walking in between of each run.  That's the first run.  Then comes 2 eight minute runs with walking in between.  The third run of the week is a full on twenty minute run.  I did the first run today and it was great.  The only thing I worry about is that since I started at week 4 instead of week 1, my knees are a bit weak, as well as my ankles.  I felt a bit of pain in my shins last week and had to tone it down to prevent shin splints.  So far I've done Week Four twice through, the second time running a bit faster.  Instead of going onto the eight minute run later this week, I'm going to do the fives again, but faster this time.  I am just not sure my legs will handle the twenty minute run at the end of this week.

Today at work a gal told me, "Has anyone told you you look a bit like S.E. Cupp?"  I replied, "I don't know who that is;"  I admit I wondered at first if she was one of our cognitive patients who just says random stuff, but when I realized she was NOT the patient, I thought, "huh?"  She then told me that S.E. Cupp is a "attractive and intelligent young women who writes and is a political commentator on Fox," which seemed like a very good thing to her.  This is the gal:

source
Me when my hair was shorter.  And darker.

I wish I could tell you about her...  I pretty much know she's a conservative, wrote a book called "Losing My Religion: The Liberal Media's Attack on Christianity."  She describes herself as an atheist who "really aspires to be a person of faith some day."  Which sort of makes sense in a way; it's hard to believe in God, I think, but still WANT to believe.  Sort of like the X-Files poster?  Sure.  Either way we've got different views, especially politically.  Let's just leave it at that.

Bryan and I watched a horrifically awful movie yesterday:  "Frozen."  It's about three college students who get stuck on a ski lift at the end of the day; it's freezing, a blizzard is starting, and the mountain doesn't open up for another five days.  Also, they are like 50 feet above the ground.  The things they do to try to escape and stay alive are ridiculous.  The ski resort they are at has to be one of the worst-run places ever, as any real ski resort would have found these people, or at least they wouldn't have had all the tragedy that befell them.  Also, a whole wolf pack is stalking them.  In a high-traffic area.  Seriously?  Since when do wolves attack people??  Especially without real reason?  Who knows.  The movie was so laughable that, even though some parts were really scary and made me anxious, all in all it was sillier and lamer than anything I've seen in a WHILE. 

So while writing this, Bryan just came out into the living room from where he'd been sleeping in the bedroom.  He asked, "What are you doing?" and "what time is it?"  I told him I thought he was sleep walking and he said "No, I'm not."  I realized he was awake after a minute or two.  He asked me "what time is it?" again and "how long have I been asleep?"  Hmmmm, maybe a half hour?  TOPS?  Very funny.  He thought he had slept a full night but didn't understand why he was so tired.  It was funny but also made me wonder (again) about this man's sleep habits... I'm just glad that he wasn't sleep walking.  Also glad he wasn't playing with bear spray

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad he wasn't playing with bear spray again too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you watched Frozen!!! I saw a re-run a bit ago and peed my pants laughing, it was so not something that could actually happen at a ski resort. Plus one of the boys is the cutie from Air Bud I used to like, Kevin Zegers.

    (Okay, did I just admit that???)

    Hahaha. But I'm so glad now I know someone who saw it. I was totally curious...

    ReplyDelete