Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Black Friday and the Diamond Dazzler Stik

Bryan and I are doing Black Friday tomorrow.  It's the second time I've done this in my life; the first time I was about 13 years old and I went with my dad to Best Buy so I could get a free cd.

Yeah, that was enough to get me up that early.  Ahhh, simpler times.

We're going to walk over to Sports Authority and try to be one of the first 85 people so we can get a free $10-500 card.  I want another fleece jacket and I'd like to look at winter boots.  Bryan wants to check out their snowboard bindings and boots.  Plus, it's a weird kooky thing that sounds kind of fun: getting up at the crack of dawn and just being sort of stupid.  We also plan on hitting up Staples because we need a new printer.  We'll see if we end up getting one. 

Also:  I got a sample of the Diamond Dazzle Stik in the mail.  It's this stick that cleans your diamonds/gems.  It looks like this:

source
You pull off the red end, run it under some water, then twist the silver end until this blue cleaner comes out.  You brush the cleaner onto your stone (I tried it with my rings on and then with my rings off - both seem to work fine), then rinse it off and dry it.  Tada!  That's it.  It's pretty excellent.  The cleaner does a good job getting all around the stone, and it has a polymer that fills in any cuts or scrapes in the stone so that it really shines.  I don't have a fancy shmancy diamond ring like the one above, but my engagement ring and wedding band are really special to me, and it's awesome seeing them so sparkly and clean!

My rings

Like I said, I got my Diamond Dazzle Stik for free, but you can now buy them at Walmart, Kmart, and some jewelry stores.  I don't usually blog about samples I've gotten (because I get a LOT), but this sample really won me over.  I totally recommend it. 

2 comments:

  1. I wanna try that Dazzlestick! That would be sooo much easier than taking it to the jeweler to get cleaned all the time! Where do you get all your samples?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the most amount of samples through my cousin Meghan's deal blog, savvyspending-meghan.blogspot.com She puts up a TON of good deals, including samples. I ordered the Diamond Dazzle Stik sample about a month ago when they were running that promotion, and just got it last week. I think you can get it for $10 at Walmart though, which is still not a bad deal!

    ReplyDelete