Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Project 365: 25 and Why I've Been So Lazy.

Oxbow Bend in Grand Teton National Park.  This is straight out of the camera.  It's seriously that beautiful.



I've been fairly bad at blogging lately.  My folks were here for a week at the end of August, and then last week, I worked 68 hours in one week.  It sucked.

But I will try to be better this week.  I have less of an excuse; I'm only working for 45 hours this week, which will feel like very little compared to last week's never-ending deluge of phone calls.

I received a call today for an interview.  It is a Social Work job, so I'd actually be able to USE my degree, which is awesome.  I think it would be an emotionally difficult job, but it could also be very rewarding.  It pays well and has benefits, so I think if I get offered it, I'll take it right away.  Plus, it's a SOCIAL WORK job, the first real one that I've had (besides working with my favorite kid with Autism, which was a social work job, but didn't require a degree).  I'm very excited and a bit nervous.

Bryan has applied to a number of places and has been given two interviews at one.  He's waiting to be called in for a third interview sometime this week or the next.  It would be very neat to have "real jobs" and not have to worry about things like quality health insurance.

I am going to try really hard to get back at blogging about actual topics, not just posting picture, promise.  I think that the rest of September will be pretty calm, which is quite nice.  It's getting chilly here; I've had to scrape ice/frost off my window several times in the last week or two.  I've been using it as an excuse to start drinking hot cocoa, steamers, and hot apple cider.  Delicious!  I'm not sure what my excuse has been for eating lots of fudge, but I'm sure I'll think of something soon...  :-)


EDIT:  Oxbow Bend is in Grand Teton National Park, not Yellowstone.  Thanks for correcting me Dad!  You're right, I WAS sleepy!

2 comments:

  1. I think a girl should be able to have any kind of chocolate at any point in time without having to have a valid excuse : )

    I will be praying that you guys get the jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to correct your picture caption: Oxbow bend at GRAND TETON National Park, not Yellowstone.

    You are tired. :)

    ReplyDelete