Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

It's Friday!! And I'm not working!! That NEVER HAPPENS.

So far today...

I've made pico de gallo (it was delicious)

Commented on an article written about Catalyst Church in the North Coast Journal (quite dicey conversation there... definitely shows the good and the bad at Catalyst).  Catalyst was the church I attended in Humboldt County, California.  It has its downfalls for sure, but 90% of the time, I love it and learned a lot.

Commented on an article on Relevant Magazine.

Watched Bear Grylls survive Alaska, the Sierra Nevadas, Kenya, and Iceland (WHAT WHAT Man Vs. Wild!!!)

Yep.

And the goal today is to make either 1. a pillow or 2. an apron.  Also, possibly some delicious-looking bread from this cookbook:
Given to me by my rock-star boss in HumCo, Mia.
We'll see how that goes. It requires using yeast, which for some reason, I have yet to really conquer... Any tips??

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fabulous day! As for the yeast don't be scared, just remember that if the dough doesn't seem the right consistency you can add more or less flour. I always end up adding a lot more flour to my bread recipes than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there's sugar in the recipe, mix the yeast, warm water, and sugar together ahead of time and let it sit for 5-10. Even just yeast and water should sit five minutes first--it lets the yeast get all puffed up and active.

    ReplyDelete