Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Bummmmmer....

I didn't get the social work job.

I'm a sad panda.

source
I'm trying to look on the bright side of things.  If I got this job, there's a good chance that we'd wait until next winter to try to have kids, minimum.  At the moment we're considering next summer as a good idea... so yay for maybe having a family sooner?  I guess?

The job would have paid SUPER well and had great benefits, but it would have definitely been hard.  Bryan said maybe I'll get a winter job that's pretty cushy and low-stress, which is pretty awesome, it's true.  I can work at the float trip company again next year (in fact, I asked the owner today "so, what's the chance of me working here again next summer?" and he said "137%"), which is a good, easy job that pays well. 

I applied for two jobs at the hospital today, and I have very applicable experience from my time at the doctor's office.  I do enjoy the medical field, so maybe that will be a good fit.  I'm going to keep looking around.  Bryan thinks I should apply at Pearl Street Bagels, but I have a feeling that has more to do with him loving bagels than it does him thinking that's a good idea.

I, too, love me some bagels.  Bagels.  And I don't say them the way Britta does on "Community"



So yes.  Trying to stay positive.  This is the first job I've interviewed for and haven't been offered.  I guess humility had to be learned some time or other.  I'm thinking of calling to ask why they didn't pick me, but I'm pretty sure they wanted someone with more experience.  Maybe they thought I was too young?  Not quite sure.

But I do know that I'll find SOMETHING, and that it will work out just fine.  Just wish I could find something that paid as much as the social work job... because that pretty much blew my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, sorry you didn't get it. I'll be praying for you guys. I'm glad that Bryan got the bank job (that sounds a little sketch).

    And Community. We LOVE that show. Can't wait for it to start up again next week!

    ReplyDelete