Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Geek Alert!

Okay.  I try to keep my geekiness to a minimum around polite company, but I HAVE to tell you about the dream I had last night.

In my dream, my mom and I were walking in a hallway and we looked in an elevator and saw WIL WHEATON!  Who is Wil Wheaton, you ask??

When I was a child, you were the only reason to watch Star Trek.

WHO is Wil Wheaton??  Why, he played Wesley Crusher, the cutest boy on Star Trek: The Next Generation.

My folks watched a LOT of TNG.  They recorded the episodes each week on VIDEOCASSETTE TAPES!  We had a whole wall of TNG on tape.  Seriously.  And while I often complained about TNG (even though I do, actually, like it.... Most of it), I found Wesley Crusher to be one part of the show I particularly enjoyed.  He was cute!!

So.  Back to the dream.  We walk past an elevator and Wil Wheaton is in it.  I point at him and ask my mom "DO YOU KNOW WHO THAT IS??" Someone walking by says, "It's Geordi!!!" And I laughed at then, laughed a whoooooole lot.

Because THIS is Geordi:

Obviously not Wil Wheaton.

Now, Geordi is cool in his own right; he was a character I liked a lot (lots more than Riker), but he was definitely NOT played by Wil Wheaton.

And that was pretty much my dream.  Mocking someone out because they didn't know their Wesley Crusher from their Geordi La Forge.  MAN am I cool!!  The things I dream about... YIKES.

Know who else is cute??  I'll say it.

Jean-Luc Picard.

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
Yes, he was old even when I was a child.  But whatevs.  He's distinguished, intelligent, and likes Earl Grey, and that's enough for me.

4 comments:

  1. Heck yes, Jean-Luc is hot and distinguished. AND Patrick Stewart is a knight. AND he was part of the Royal Shakespeare Company. How crazy is that? I love that one episode where he breaks out in song/dance on the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's okay, dave and i spent 30 minutes last night googling pictures of james marsters and lusting over him. yeah, both of us. he's that fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimi - Glad we agree on this!!!! Mychal saw him in England preforming onstage... what a jerk, eh??? :)

    Stac - James Marsters. So hot. So. Hot. But not so hot in Caprica, have you seen him on there?? Mmm love me some Spike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not yet seen him in Caprica. I need to watch that.

    ReplyDelete