Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Singing with Your Eyes Closed

A la "About A Boy"


(YouTube wouldn't let me embed, so I used this website t hat wasn't in English... yeah.  Huh)

I'm trying to get back into my guitar playing.  I used to practice for an hour a day, back in high school.  I've lost at least 60% of what I used to be able to do.  Kinda lame.  My friends Kati and Danny have encouraged me to keep at it, and so I'm meeting up with Danny tomorrow to "jam" (that's what the cool kids say, or so I hear).

I looked up some songs tonight so I could have a few things to fiddle around with, and I found myself singing and playing (with my eyes closed, when I could remember the chords) to not ONLY Roberta Flack's "Killing Me Softly" but to Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time."

Danny is going to be so amazed at how incredibly not-dorky I am.  Seriously.

(How freaking awesome is "About a Boy?"  Haven't seen it??  Rent it IMMEDIATELY, it's one of my favorites.)

(Also:  there are cats outside my apartment and they're apparently mating.  Did you know that cats yell/screetch/freak out when they're mating because the male cat has a BARBED PENIS?????  Seriously.  Google it.  Or don't...)

4 comments:

  1. i actually watched cats mating once. i felt really weird afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE, I've never actually SEEN them... was it creepy?? It sounds so VIOLENT, you know? When Docker and Chloe (our dogs, for people who don't know) mate, I get a bit weirded out... especially since when they see that you spotted them, they look SUPER guilty but keep going at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the female kept crying...and then she finally just bit the male, and then he was crying....there was just a lot of crying involved. :S

    ReplyDelete