Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

My Future's So Bright I Need to Wear...

::gag:: sorry, choked on the end of that lame joke.

But seriously, I ordered some awesome prescription sunglasses today.  I think they'll be helpful on long road trips when I don't want to wear my contacts; they'll also be nice for normal, daily stuff.  PLUS I got them on zennioptical.com so they were only $24 shipped!!

Here they are:

source     
I'm pretty sure they're going to be the coolest ever.  I actually got mine tinted darker than this, so they'll appear black.  The only thing I'm worried about is that the bridge may be a little big, but I don't think it'll be a problem.  Okay, the other thing I'm worried about is size of the lenses... I have not-so-great vision (-4.5 in one eye and -4.25 in the other) and they don't make the thinner lenses into sunglasses.  Hopefully it won't be super coke-bottle-y.  The glasses I have now are the same kind of lenses as the ones I'm ordering, and they're not too bad.

Zenni ships in about two weeks, so it will be a little bit before I actually get to USE my glasses, but I'm definitely excited about them!  I've used Zenni in the past for my green glasses and everything went smoothly. 

my green glasses

Davido (my bruddah) has ordered several pairs from Zenni, and so has my dad.  They do take a while to ship (I think they ship from Asia??) but they're SO much cheaper than Costco, Walmart, Pearl Vision, For Eyes... any of those places.  And you can pick out some SERIOUSLY cute glasses, like these:

I think these are $30


Under $10
Cute, eh??  What a deal!

2 comments:

  1. I just got a new pair last week. Mom liked the ones I ordered 8 months ago (progressive lenses so no bifocal line) but I ordered them in silver and ahem...with my silver shimmer in my hair it makes me look older.

    So I ordered a new pair in grey. Much better.

    Note to the editor/blogger: Next time, give your dad credit for finding Zennioptical. I got last billing in this blog and I was the originator of this service....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can always tell your days off... no posts!!! Look at you leaving us hanging!
    I bet you'll come back with pictures, though.

    For the record, my favorite posts are the long ones that incorporate your life, often bringing in a pertinent issue or idea. I think it gives that natural writing ability more time to rear its head... :)

    ReplyDelete