...the first time, and didn't (copied from my sister, Stacey)
1) Just because someone says they love you doesn't mean they have your best interests at heart.
2) There is such a thing as too much coffee.
3) Don't judge people on the music they like.
4) Having a lot in common with a boy doesn't mean you should date that boy.
5) Don't lie. Lies grow bigger and bigger and get harder and harder to keep straight.
6) Your parents are smarter that you are, and more experienced.
7) If you wonder if you've had enough to drink, stop drinking.
8) A steady diet of ramen and hot cocoa won't exactly make you skinny.
9) Life is too short for soy ice cream, unless you're lactose intolerant
10) Black and white may make sense in colors, but not in life. Most things are shades of grey, and deserve critical thinking.
11) Don't even CONSIDER dating someone who takes longer than you to order a meal (no tomatoes, no pickles, mustard on the side, diet soda no ice, with a lemon), especially if that person doesn't tip well.
12) If someone says, "Eww, does this smell weird to you?" DON'T SMELL IT!!
13) If you know you're allergic to something, don't just eat it and think," I'll take an antihistamine later and be fiiiine;" unless you want to stay up all night sick. It's a good way to lose five pounds, but you'll feel like death warmed over for the next 24 hours.
14) If you're not feeling well, don't go on WebMD. It's always cancer. You do not have cancer.
15) Exercise may not sound fun, but you won't regret doing it. You will regret not doing it.
16) People will say stuff like "I don't BELIEVE in television." It's okay if you do, and if you say so. TV is awesome.
17) Everyone feels stupid and out of place in high school. It's okay.
18) If you hate hate hate sports, it's okay not to feel compelled/guilted into to watch "the game" with your boyfriend EVERY SINGLE FREAKING WEEKEND. So glad Bryan isn't into sports.
19) Love your friends and family no matter what, and tell them so.
20) Blue lipstick is never an option. Not wearing make up IS an option.