Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Our New Place!!

So I found my little disk-converter thingy!  I thought I would post some pictures of our new place!  It's a "Deluxe Studio" so it's definitely on the small side, but I really like it.  Of course, it's difficult to be quiet in the morning when you're making tea and preparing lunch, and there's really no place to get away from each other if the guys are over and I wanted to go to bed early... but I'm still really happy with it.  I've considered making a curtain  int between the bedroom and kitchen if the having-friends-over-when-I'm-tired thing happens, but Bryan tends to go to bed before me anyways, so I don't anticipate any real problems.

So, without further adieu...


I like our kitchen a lot!  It's small but nice.  The only bummer is that I have to stand on a chair to get a lot of stuff out of the taller cabinets.


We've had that bamboo for 3 years now!  It's lived in 4 states so far.  :-)

A peak into the bedroom.  That bright blank spot in the middle of the picture is the lamp which apparently doesn't photograph very well.


We get lots of natural light, pretty much all day.  It's a lot easier to wake up in the morning to a sunny room.  When I sleep in a dark room I can EASILY sleep 12 hours a night.


Super-glamorous bathroom picture.

I got this bedspread for Ikea for $10!!!  I then made up a design, cut out the stencil, painted, and voila!  Birds on a wire!  Pretty proud of this one, actually.


This cabinet was my grandparents', and it's one of my most prized treasures.  It just makes me happy, and it's very special to me.

This goes along with the cabinet.  It used to have a mirror, but it was old and cloudy and kind of gross.  So now it frames my necklaces!  It's cute and my hubby isn't annoyed at me having my jewelry all over the place anymore.


Our super-fancy bedside tables.  They were actually our storage shelves in our apartment in California, but we split them in half to use in our bedroom.


The living room, the first thing you see when you get into the house... Yeah.  I don't really like this room.  It's hard to mesh function, storage, and some sort of design aesthetic.  I just don't like it.  And my husband refuses to take normal pictures.  I point a camera at him, and he makes a face.  End of story.


YIKES!!!  See?  I keep thinking of ways to improve it, but it may just be a lost cause...  all those video games, all those cords...


One day we will get new chairs.  It will probably be a while, since it's been almost three years since we got married.


Annnnnd you can pretty much see the entire apartment from here!  Ta-da!  Our new place!

3 comments:

  1. I love Bryan's face in that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, this entry gives me flashbacks. That is seriously James' apartment. THE EXACT SAME ONE. If I come to visit and it's in the same place in the complex, too... I don't know, I might have a seizure or something.

    The great news is that your version of James' apartment is not covered in pot ash and stale-smelling beer bottles. CONGRATULATIONS!


    ...Love your grandparents' cabinet. And the birds on a wire. Aw heck yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kati -- I'm pretty sure all the "deluxe studios" look similar. We live on the far south end of the complex, in the apartments facing Snow King/Meadowlark.

    I'm happy to report that there's pot ash or beer bottles in our apartment. Hopefully there will eventually be beer... but not right now.

    And thanks :)

    ReplyDelete