Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Netflix

Last night we finally succumbed to Netflix.  In California, we had a membership at Spotlight Video, a local video store.  For $18 a month, we could have one video out at a time.  Some days we'd go back at least twice in one day for a new dvd!  We love watching movies, but especially love watching tv series on dvd.  No commercials!  Love it.

When we decided to move to Wyoming we thought about Netflix.  It seemed like a good idea but I thought it was a bit of a bummer to have to mail in a dvd and wait for another.  Then, Bryan showed me the beauty that is the Watch Instantly feature.  We could stream a TON of movies and shows without having to wait for the Post Office!!  FANTASTIC!

Last night we started season 1 of Weeds.

So far we really like it.  When they mention Humboldt we give a little 'woohoo!'  It's a clever show with an interesting storyline, and I really love the young character named Shane, who is a 10 year old boy with a huge imagination and a bit of a trouble-making streak. 

I was also happy to hear that I can stream all of the Buffy and Angel episodes that I want!  My sister-in-law Stac-face is going through them right now, and she's falling in love with Buffy.  That was my favorite show when I was in high school, and I've watched the entire series at least three times through so far.  I love Angel too, but mostly just the fifth season.

So yeah! Netflix.  It's pretty amazing.


source

1 comment: