Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Accomplished

My new job isn't exactly hard... but I feel pretty awesome because I'm doing well at it.  I believe I am a good worker at most of my jobs, but I excel when I'm working on a project.  A lot of the time the projects I work on are ones I've given myself... because I know if I get bored, I get lazy.

I finished a 23 page manual on our new reservation system today!  It seemed like a good idea to make one, since I'm training the two new girls on Monday and Tuesday, and this would give them something to reference.  I just started working on it because I knew it would be useful, and because I have experience writing manuals from my last job.

So I finished today, patted myself on the back, and printed the manual.  Then I went outside to ask my boss(es) if I could run to my apartment to get one of our many report binder-things to keep it safe.  My big boss, the owner of the company, said, "Is it a good manual?"  "I think so," I told him.  "Okay, we'll just take it to Staples and make it into a book."

Sweet!  It's going to be so fancy.  I wish I had made it pretty, but that's probably not necessary at a job like this.  Anyways, I felt good about it! 

After that, I booked a group of 3 adults on a trip that was half-full, less than a half hour before the float time!  That brought in a little more money, and it filled up a raft a bit more.  Woot!

Of course now I have 5 and a half hours before I leave... and I've finished all of my projects...  So.  Looks like I'll spend the rest of the time stickering brochures and watching Weeds or Buffy.

Time to make up a NEW project....

No comments:

Post a Comment