Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

This is California

Here's the thing:  California is a big-booty state.  Oh yes, it is.  Here's some of the diversity that we saw on our trip.  The pictures are not great because I took all of them (except the first, which was taken at a rest stop) while driving.  Not exactly the safest thing to do, but whatevs.  It was a 17 hour long drive and I had to find ways to not fall asleep.

First off, Humboldt County.  Our home for 2.5 years.  Green.  Wet.  Wild.

Next, Mendocino County.  Lots of good wine, good fog, fun driving.

Nevada County, California.  This was right around Donner Pass.  I do NOT like driving in the snow.  I'm going to have to get used it again.  You think that growing up in Chicago would make me used to it, but apparently I've forgotten about it while living in Humboldt.  Huh.  That's Bryan's car ahead, backed to the brim with stuff.


For the life of me, I do not remember if this was Sutter County, CA or somewhere in the middle of Idaho.  It's one of the two.  They look pretty much exactly the same.  That's Bryan's folks' car ahead, packed with stuff, towing a trailer packed with MORE of our stuff.  True.  We've got lots of stuff.  Thankfully we didn't have enough to rent a U-Haul.

Any Californians out there?  California-aficionados?  What's your favorite county?

1 comment:

  1. Well I live in So Cal, so I happen to find Orange County to be very beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete