Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Etsy

So.  I'm thinking of opening an Etsy shop.  I'll have time to do some craftiness at my job, it seems, in between answering phone calls.  And I'll be the only one there for most of the time, so it's not like someone is going to say, "Hey.  Stop keeping yourself occupied."

So I keep brainstorming what to sell on Etsy.  So far I've made some crocheted headbands that I think are really cute.  As soon as a few are finished I'll post them.  And then ask what you think I should charge for them.

I'm not sure what else to sell, though.  I like the idea of headbands because I think there's less competition.  There are very cute, very dainty yet hippie-esque headbands, and I think they're great for summer.

Any other ideas of what I could make/sell?  I love to crochet, so I'm starting there.  I don't want to make any HUGE project because it takes quite a while.  I was also considering making a few baby shrugs like this one:




I would probably sell those for about $40, since they take a few hours to make and I have to account for yarn.

What do you think?  Would people buy baby shrugs for $40?  Would they buy hippie-bands?

3 comments:

  1. I like the headband idea, but since I don't have kids, have no idea about the baby shrugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the baby shrugs! I don't have a baby either- I just think they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the input ladies!!! I'll have updates soon, hopefully!

    ReplyDelete