Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Unemployment Begins

It has been far too long since I have written, and for that I am sorry! So much has happened since I last wrote that I have been thinking of how best to blog about it. It's difficult to know what should be written and what should be kept private. This is a public blog, but it's a personal blog as well. I have not been able to find a "niche" for this blog... it's not about crafts, or religion, or weddings, or being a mom, or any of that. I'm not a mom, I've been married for two and a half years, I'm terrible at remembering to photograph my crafts, and although I will write about my beliefs, I am by no ones standards an expert on religion.

So I just write about my life, really.

Here's a quick(ish) catchup, and I will consider going more in-depth.

I finished my last day of work and it was excellent. I cried, just a little, and just once. Okay, maybe twice.

I wanted to give the girls something small to remember me by, so I wrote them each a thank you letter for being such awesome coworkers and friends, and I gave them each a plastic dinosaur. They each got a different dinosaur, and I tried to match it up to their personality a bit. Sarah got a triCERAtops, Rachel got an Apatosaurus (gentle and quiet), Melissa got a T-Rex (because, well, that's obvs) and Mia got a baby raptor. They all really liked their silly dinosaurs and are keeping them on their desks. It was silly but cute.

I met with Mia and thanked her for being a great boss and I gave her the card and dinosaur, and she gave me some beautiful presents!


She made these earrings for me, and she gave me a copy of her favorite baking book. How sweet is that?! I admit to tearing up a little bit, but I did not let myself really cry.


A bit of a closer look at the earrings. They're made of sterling silver, labradorite, rose quartz, and freshwater pearl. How beautiful are those?? I know the color is hard to see, but the labradorite has a very beautiful grey-blue tone, and the rose quartz is the gentlest pink. They're so beautiful and I've worn them three times since Friday.

This is a glimpse into the baking book. It's excellent and has lovely pictures. The really cool thing about this book is that all of the recipes are just one page long, so you don't have to flip in the middle of baking! I'm super excited to try out some of these recipes.

The front desk ladies (Sarah, Rachel and Melissa) gave me some very cute balloons and some beautiful flowers. It was then that I cried. And tried to hide my crying by covering my face with balloons. No, I'm not awkward at all.

How bright and beautiful!!! How can those not make you happy?


And I was so charmed by these little guys (no idea what they are called) that I put them in their own little vase. So simple and beautiful! And what gorgeous color!

So that's it for work! I am now officially unemployed until May 1st. It's a bit scary knowing we have no income for the next month and a half, but I think we'll be okay. I'm getting more and more excited for our Wyoming adventure, but first I get to see my family in Idaho and meet my new niece, Ella! And then we fly to Chicago to see my family and Bryan's sister, Amanda, and her family! And all my Chicago friends! I'm very excited. Life is really good right now.

We had a going away party hosted by our good friend Paul on Saturday, and that was a lot of fun. We'll have a lot more time to say goodbye soon enough, but it was cool to see so many people I care about all at the same place.

To steal a quote that my dear sister Stacey put on her blog, "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all." - Helen Keller.

I've been focusing on that quote a lot lately. Isn't it great??
source

1 comment: