Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spaghetti Squash

I made Spaghetti Squash for the first time today and it was really good!! I didn't know what to expect, but I liked it. It's definitely not soft like actual cooked spaghetti, but with a nice Italian sausage marinara, it was very yummy!

My roommates too it to work tonight and had it with regular marinara. As they are not eating meat this month, and we're trying to only eat meat for 50% or less of our meals, I think I'd do a bit more in the future with this recipe. I think next time I make it I'll add some cooked veggies and some Morning Star Vegetarian Sausage patties, and maybe a bit of Parmesan cheese. Delicious! I know not everyone is a fan of this, but I highly recommend it. It also has SO FEWER CALORIES than regular pasta, which is nice, and it's non-fat, which is good with the diet I'm pretending to be on. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love spaghetti squash!! It's such a delicious and carb-free alternative to pasta. When I have a bigger yard I want to grow them!! I don't usually add meat or even sauce, but I think you could make a delicious "spaghetti with meat sauce" substitute with the Morningstar crumbles (like ground beef) and some sauce. Yum!

    ReplyDelete