Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

I have a confession to make...

...Although, if you know me, it's not really much of a confession.

I am a closet nerd. And not so closeted.

Although I am a nerd, I am not ENOUGH of a nerd to be considered "cool" by other nerds. No, I'm just your boring, like some things that are slightly nerdy nerd.

True story.

For instance, I can't really tell you much about Star Wars other than I've seen them all a couple of times. I know a lot more about Star Trek, but not necessarily enough to hold a real conversation. Yes, I've seen more of them, but it was in my childhood. In my childhood when I was mercilessly mocking my parents for watching Star Trek, that is.

Although Jean-Luc? Yum-my. The fact that he always requests Earl Grey just makes him better.

Back to the nerdiness. I enjoy sci-fi television and movies. A lot. My absolute favorite sci-fi show?

Ohhhh yes, the now-ended Battlestar Galactica. Not the old version, the new one. It's got sci-fi, robots, space travel, drama, sex, and Gaius Baltar. It's like crack. If you haven't seen it.... well I'm not quite sure what your problem is, exactly.

Now that Battlestar Galactica has ended, I have greatly anticipated every new episode of "Caprica," a prequel of sorts to Battlestar. I really enjoy it, although I know a lot of people consider it too slow. It's definitely NOT as sci-fi, true. The parts I enjoy the most are the relationships between the main characters, the fundamentalist monotheistic religious cult (in a world of polytheism, monotheism is CRAZY), the differing notions of "terrorism" and "salvation," the differing sexual values, and the creation of the CYLONS! (Cylons are the killer robots. OH YES!!)


I do worry a bit about the general public's reception of Caprica, however. It's not as popular as Battlestar, and I am worried that it will not be renewed for another season. I suppose I just have to enjoy every new episode that is released and keep my fingers crossed.

Any BSG fans out there? Have you seen Caprica? Thoughts?

source source

No comments:

Post a Comment