Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Countdown

Two more days of work! For those that have suffered through my many many hours of complaining, you know I have a love/hate relationship with my job. I'm a medical receptionist at a clinic that has a sliding scale and takes a lot of low income/chronic pain/Medicaid patients. I'm glad that we're able to help populations in need, but at times that also means populations who expect a handout and refuse to pay $40 for a half hour doctor's visit where they received about $100 worth of sample medications.

The mind, it just boggles.

Anyway. I have two more days left. On Friday at 5:30 I will be done! It will be bittersweet. I really enjoy the majority of my coworkers, and although at times I hate my job, I have learned so much working here for the past two and a half years. It's been good most of the time, and I will definitely miss my coworkers.

That said, this week has been AWESOME. Yesterday was my going-away potluck at lunch, and it was so tasty. Everyone at the clinic is a really good cook, and we had yummy spicy Thai soup, some delicious Mexican dishes, lemon pasta, curry, cup cakes, and tortellini salad, just to name a few. SO GOOD. Then, my favorite drug rep, Dusty, came in and told me he'd bring the whole office drinks from my favorite coffeeshop, Jitter Bean! Dusty is the cousin of my dear friend Heather, and we always talk about Idaho and Jackson and Heather and have a good time while he visits. He brought me a delicious Skim White Mocha with Irish Cream (YUM!!!) and a COOKIE! So. Nice.

And THEN!!!


Bryan came to visit (which is always a lovely surprise) and had a present for me: a fancy porcelain Eco-Cup! I told him last week that I wanted one, and he got one for me! What a sweetie, that man!



THEN, we had a drug rep lunch today! And he brought Hurricane Kate's, which is a super yummy place in downtown Eureka that I can never afford to eat at since it's pricey. It was wonderful, yummy wild mushroom and artichoke cannoli and a really great chicken dish. Fresh made lemon bars and peanut butter cookies. DIVINE.

Tonight our roommates, Keith and Bethany, will be back from Burkina Faso. Actually they got back at about 4am this morning but we did not see them. i think we'll either go out for St. Paddy's or have some Guinness at home and just chill. I'm excited! I actually wore a bit of green this year. I own very little green and last year I wore orange just because, and I found out that's a POLITICAL STATEMENT against Catholics! I had no idea.

Anyone have fun plans for St. Patrick's Day? Are you wearing green?

source

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm jealous of you!

    I did wear green, and made green cupcakes for a bake sale at work, and I also had no idea wearing orange was so controversial! I will have to look that up! Enjoy the bliss of leaving a job you do not like. There is no feeling like it! It's like the last day of school on steroids!!

    ReplyDelete