Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

C25K WEEK 3 DAY 1

Oh yeah, officially started Week 3 this evening! I asked Bryan if he wanted to run earlier today, and he agreed to go with me. Usually that means I do my C25K workout and he does about three miles, lapping me once or twice, depending on his speed and if we take the same route.

As we got ready to leave, he said "I'm not sure how much I'm going to run tonight, I'm not feeling a long run." I got my iPod Nano and turned it to Week 3 of my Robert Ullrey podcast and as I was selecting the podcast, it split screened and froze. Lame!!!! It's done this a couple times before, and apparently it's just something that iPods do every so often. The only way I know to fix it is to let it go through the battery and die. Double lame.

So instead of having a podcast to listen to, I wrote down the day's workout and borrowed Bryan's watch, figuring I would just keep time myself. Bryan said he'd walk the first part with me and see how it went.

This week starts with a 5 minute walking warm up (I never do the full five minutes as I feel it's a longer warm up than I need) and then a 90 second run, 90 second walk, 3 minute run, and 3 minute walk. It gets repeated twice (except for the warm up) and then you're done!

I was worried at how I would do with running three minutes. Thankfully Bryan decided to run with me for the whole workout, and said he'd take over watch duties so I didn't have to concentrate on two things at once. It was so much easier running with Bryan!! It was great! He was very silly and fun, and if I was looking tired halfway through a run he'd say "don't worry babe there's a whole minute and a half left, you don't have to be sad about stopping early! You get to run MORE!" It made me laugh, and having him pace me was nice. We ran down into a grassy field which was interesting in the dark, especially given all the rain we've had, but it was nice to run on different, soft terrain.

We finished the run and then Bryan said "think you can do a bit longer?" and I could, so I ran for another 90 seconds. All in all I ran 10 minutes and 30 seconds today! It sounds like nothing but it was certainly something for me. I cannot wait for the day that I can run for 10 minutes straight! Or 15 minutes straight! I'm super excited about being able to actually run a 5k, that's sooooo cool!

So yes, that's tonight's run. I feel good, I think I'll do a bit of a Shred just to finish it off.

Coming up soon....

Jessica may buy her first pair of fancy running shoes....

DUN DUN DUHHHHH!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. this is just to test out my comments, since they weren't working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to learn more about this C25K thing. What exactly is it? I've been working hard at improving my running lately and this program sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete