Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

C25K Week 2 Day 1

Started week 2 today, and it went well.  Week Two starts with a 5 minute walking warm-up and then progresses into running 90 seconds, walking 2 minutes, running 90 seconds, walking two minutes, etc, until you've run for 9 minutes total.  It ends with a 5 minute walking cool down.

It definitely got hard at one point, and I actually said out loud (but not TOO loud) to Mr. Podcast guy "Hey, I'm about done, tell me to stop running!!!!"

It was good however.  I definitely got a good workout, and it was nice to see that I can progress slowly.  Bryan and I talked about getting me some better shoes, but I don't want to get them until I can prove that I will keep this up.  


In other news, we're for sure moving to Jackson this spring.  Bryan told a lot of people today at Madison's first birthday party.  I would have liked to have told my girlfriends myself, but he was asked point blank "have you figured out what you're going to do?  Do you have a job?" and he wasn't about to lie or sidestep the question, so....

Right now we're just trying to figure out our finances.  Going on a two week vacation over the holidays definitely hit our bank accounts pretty hard.  April will definitely be tough for us, but I think we'll be able to make it work without having to dip into my grandfather's trust money.  But if we need it, it's there.

I think this is the right thing for us.  We prayed about it, felt good about it, and it all worked out really quickly.  And then I got a fortune cookie that said "An enjoyable vacation is awaiting you near the mountains."  And Bryan's fortune said something about vacation as well.  Now, this wouldn't be a vacation, but still.  Seemed funny and like good timing.  And then today a car pulled out in front of me that had the same JH sticker I had on my old car.  So they were little, silly things, but it felt like a "yep, you're headed in the right direction" sort of thing.  


So there is that.   

No comments:

Post a Comment